Wednesday, January 27, 2010

.the book thief.


Ohhhh I love this book.

The author is Marcus Zusak and it is the story of a little girl living in Germany during World War II. The reason I like this book is because it's not one of those really sad and disturbing holocaust books that tend to fill you with intense dread to turn each page because you just know the awful things that are coming. Somehow this author writes in an optimistic way, even about something like war. The story is charming and thoughtful and sweet, all while being realistic about a really terrible story.


I don't want to say much more, because I think you should just read it and enjoy his beautiful writing yourselves.

2 comments:

Kelsen said...

OH Kristin I am so glad you have finished The Book Thief. You and I should talk abut it soon! And Luke can partake in the discussion also, because he has read it! In fact, we should all get ice cream or something on Saturday when Ken is at work and discuss it together!

EH? EH?

Luke K. said...

Yeah! Screw Ken! Let's all go to Disneyland and leave hubby behind!

Also, 'The Book Thief' is one of my favorite books evar.