Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Big Three

I knew this question was going to come up sooner or later.

Luckily, I am well-prepared to handle it, because it is one that Ken and I have discussed several times over, giving me an immediate advantage over all of you lay-people (aka LUKE). Suckas!

1. The Scriptures

Okay well, here you go, everyone can listen to me sound like a little nerd, but I think it would be a spectacular opportunity to be able to study the scriptures in complete solitude for years, with no outside (worldly) influence and just the peace of your own thoughts. Do I smell AWESOME, yes yes I think I do.

2. Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage

You are probably now thinking, “Okay, now Kelsi is just trying to shove her self-righteousness up in my grill,” which is NOT TRUE. I actually have not yet read Jesus the Christ (but I bought my very own copy today and I am pretty fired up to start reading). But I hear it is a massive undertaking, and I think that being alone on a desert island would be the perfect opportunity to tackle such a challenge.

3. Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

So it was either this or Mere Christianity, but even I know when I’m pushing a line. Peter Pan is easily my very favorite work of fiction—it is one of those that I am able and willing to read over and over again without tiring of it. Don’t ask me how, I think it’s a genetic anomaly. (My very favorite part is when Peter says, "To die will be an awfully big adventure." Swoon!)


End note: I hope everyone admires my impressive use of not one but THREE pictures on opposite sides of the text, because it has been a literal beast to format. But I persevere, for the good of the nation and for the good of the blog. And I will be the first to admit that it still looks a little skewumpus, but I do promise that I tried my best. Blogger's formatting is a bunch of jibba-jabba, if you ask me.

No comments: